Our mission is to protect, promote and improve the health, safety, and quality of life of the Putnam County community.
Putnam County Health Department Leadership
Health Commissioner: Kimberly Rieman, RN, MPH, CHES
Director of Nursing: Sherri Recker, RN, MSN
Director of Environmental Health: Brandi Schrader, M.Ed, RS
"Working towards a healthy and safe Putnam County"
- 2019 PCHD Calendar
- 4.22.19 The Putnam County District Advisory Council will be holding a special meeeting on Monday, May 6, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. at the Putnam County Health Department. This meeting is for the appointment of two new Board of Health members.
- 4.18.19 PCHD is seeking applicants for a Environmental Health Technician/Clerk and a Sanitarian (RS, SIT, or SIT eligible)
- 4.15.19 A Board of Health member is needed to fill the remainder of the term ending in March 2022. Interested individuals are asked to contact Kim Rieman at 419-523-5608, ext. 102 by end of business on Wednesday, April 24th for more information.
- We are Accredited! The PCHD recently received the accreditation designation from the Public Health Accreditation Board. Of the 114 local health departments in Ohio, 28 are now accredited. We are proud of this accomplishment!
- 2.26.19 Get the Scoop on Scams and ID Theft! This is a free support group for the elderly who have been victims of identity theft or other scams in Lima. Click here for more information.
- The Ohio Department of Health has recently made changes to their website. It is recommended to use Google Chrome to properly view their site and any Ohio Department of Health links found on the PCHD website. Thank you.